sometime when we interact with our friend we must be able to distinguish whether our friend is telling the truth or not.
I want to talk about lies, if you are in a relationship you have to know when your partner are telling lies or truth. The following is a technique to know if someone is lying to you.
body language of lies
1. Physical expression will be limited and stiff, with few arm and hand movements. Hand, arm and leg movement are toward their own body the liar takes up less space
2. a person who is lying to you will avoid making eye contact
3. hands touching their face, throat and mouth. Touching or scratching the nose or behind the ear. Not likely to touch his chest/heart with an open hand
emotional gestures and contradiction
1. timing and duration of emotional gestures and emotions are off normal pace. The display of emotion is delayed, stays longer it would naturally then stops suddenly
2. timing is off between emotions gestures/expressions and words. Example: someone says “I love it!” when receiving a gift, and then smile after making that statement, rather then at the same time the statement is made
3.gestures/expressions don’t match the verbal statement, such as frowning when saying “I love you”
4. expressions are limited to mouth movements when someone is faking emotions (like happy, suprised, sad, awe) instead of the whole face. For example; when someone smiles naturally their whole face is involved: jaw/cheek movement, eyes and forehead push down
interactions and reactions
1. a guilty person gets defensive. an innocent person will often go on the offensive
2. a liar is uncomfortable facing his questioner/accuser and may turn his head or body away
3. a liar might unconsciously place objects (book, coffee cup, etc) between themselves and you
verbal context and content
1. a liar will use your words to make answer a question. When asked “did you eat the last cookie?” the liar answer “no I did not eat the last cookie”
2. a statement with a contraction is more likely to be truthful: “I didn’t do it” instead of “I did not do it”
3. liar sometimes avoid lying by not making direct statements. They imply answers instead of denying something directly
4. the guilty person may speak more than natural, adding unnecessary details to convince you. they are not comfortable with silence or pauses in the conversation
5. a liar may leave out pronouns and speak in a monotonous tone. when a truthful statement is made the pronoun is emphasized as much or more than the rest of the words in a statement
6. words may be garbled and spoken softly, and syntax and grammar may be off. In other words, his sentence will likely be muddled rather than emphasized
other signs of lie
1. if you believe someone is lying, then change subject of a conversation quickly, a liar follows along willingly and becomes more relaxed. the guilty wants the subject change; an innocent person may be confused by the sudden change in topics and will want to back to the previous subject.
2. using humor or sarcasm to avoid a subject
actually i get this tips somewhere on the web, but I forgot to bookmark the page so I can’t give you the link. Nevertheless this signs of lie might help you in interacting with your friend or someone special in your life. Maybe knowing the truth will hurt sometimes especially if it’s from someone that you love, but it’s better that way. Trust me, I ‘ve been there.
thanks for reading. 🙂